Terms & Conditions
1. Web Site - Procurement Process
The following list describes the typical web site procurement process with Webremixers Web Design. The responsibilities of both the Client and Webremixers Web Design during this process are outlined. The client should ensure that these are fully understood.
- 1.1 Initial Client Enquiry: The client (or you) contacts Webremixers Web Design (hereinafter WebRemixers or we) with their website requirement information.
- 1.2 Agree Requirements: An onsite meeting, (preferred for first meeting - wherever practicable), is held with the client to agree the site specification and requirements, specifically, which Package and Features are appropriate.
Next-day onsite meetings can be scheduled at our premises.
- 1.3 Quotation Provided: WebRemixers provides an estimate of the costs for the design and creation of the web site, if not specified on the Package and Features page of this webite, and the time it will take to complete. All quotations are valid for 30 days, unless otherwise stated or 3rd party services, over which we have no control, are altered.
- 1.4 The Go-Ahead: The client accepts the estimate, approves the work, completes the (contractually binding) Order Form and is invoiced for 50% of the agreed costs, for any of the Website Packages, which must be paid for at the time of order, (completion of a signed Order Form.
- 1.5 Client Provides Material and Content: The client must provide, by electronic means unless appropriate Features chosen,
all agreed written material, information and images before work commences.
NOTE: WE, and by implication YOU, may be held legally liable for images on your website that are not
copyright-free, in other words: take your own pictures for your own website.
- 1.6 Work Commences: Upon receipt of cleared payment of the initial invoice WebRemixers will commence work and upload the developing site to a temporary space on the Internet.
This will allow the client to view and approve the on-going work and to provide feedback.
- 1.7 2nd Invoice [This applies only to particularly large and/or complex sites - £10000+]: Client will be invoiced for 33% of the agreed costs after 14 days; payment must be received by WebRemixers within seven days to prevent disruption and delay to site completion.
- 1.8 Delivery: When the client agrees that the site meets the requirements an invoice for the final amount will be issued.
Upon settlement of this invoice the site will be released for upload to the client’s server or permanent web space. A digital copy of the website may be provided, for which an administration charge of £10 will be payable.
- 1.9 Follow-up Support: For a period of up to 30 days after initial upload of completed site, WebRemixers will update, amend, replace any existing text or images with new ones supplied by the client; technical support will also be available for the same period of time, concurrently, without charge. Where training is included this will be scheduled by mutual agreement.
- 1.10 On-going Maintenance: Any subsequent maintenance or Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) activity can then be agreed as required.
2. Web Site - General Terms and Conditions
- 2.1 Order Form: The client’s completion of a signed Order Form will constitute a binding contract.
NOTE: Approval for the work to commence and payment of the initial invoice indicates
that the client accepts these terms and conditions.
- 2.2 Domain name and Hosting: WebRemixers arrange Domain and Hosting for the client's website using third party organisations.
This is to ensure that the client receives the best possible package at a reasonable cost, (see Hosting). WebRemixers recommend that clients register their own domain names so that they have full ownership.
Where a Hosting Package has been taken out and WebRemixers retains the sole right of Control Panel login then we will undertake support and provide backup facilities for any problems that may arise and will liaise with the Techical Services section of the hosting provider.
However, where a website's Control Panel login details have been passed over to the client WebRemixers will cease all support and the client will be responsible
for all support relating to the website's hosting and its renewal.
WebRemixers bear no responsibility and can offer no support for third-party hosting arrangements made by the client.
- 2.3 Website Content: For all Business and Corporate packages site content (images and text) must be provided before we can start work on the website.
For Custom and Flash packages, we require site content within fourteen (14) days of the signed Order Form. If site content has not been supplied within twenty one (21) days we will issue one (1) reminder by email and telephone to the client.
If complete site content is still outstanding after twenty eight (28) days, WebRemixers may either levy a fee or substantially delay continuation of work on the website until a suitable gap in our work schedule permits (currently six (6) months).
NOTE: To remain efficient we must ensure that work we have programmed is carried
out at the appropriate time. On occasions we may have to reject work and enquiries to ensure
that scheduled work is completed at the time arranged.
- 2.4 Travel Time and Expenses: Travelling time of WebRemixers staff is not included in our prices. WebRemixers reserve the right to make a charge for travelling time at our normal consultancy rates. NOTE: There will be no charges for travelling time or expenses incurred before you give your approval for work to commence.
- 2.5Prices: Guideline prices for our Packages can be found on the Services page of this website. If changes are requested after work commences, further charges may need to be agreed.
- 2.6 Refunds: Once work has commenced, which is only taken up once WebRemixers receives the client's initial payment for web services, no refunds will be given for monies paid. In the event of a cancellation before a website has been completed, the final charge only will be waived. Partially completed work will not be supplied.
- 2.7Additional features: Extra features to websites, including extra database services, specific hosting requirements, animations, particular options/modules/extras, etc. that are not included in the quotation are subject to additional charges. In the event a feature is required which has not been included in the quotation WebRemixers will give notice prior to implementation and seek acceptance of these charges. The cost will be added to the final invoice unless the amount exceeds £300, in this case an interim 50% invoice shall be issued with payment due within 14 days, and the remaining 50% will be added to the final invoice.
- 2.8 Website Restrictions: All completed websites become the property of the client, subject to all accounts being paid, with the following restrictions on use:
(i) Only one instance of a website can be made available on the World Wide Web or any Intranets / Extranets unless a
licensing agreement has been reached;
(ii) Database Connection strings will not be divulged to the client due to security risks. (These strings would in any event
need amending if the site was to be moved to an alternative host or server);
(iii) No portion of the coding can be copied, duplicated or re-distributed in any form electronic or otherwise unless a
licensing agreement has been reached;
Please note that upon request web site files can be provided via electronic mail or on CD media (chargeable @ £ 20).
- 2.9 Compatability: All websites are built to be compatible with Internet Explorer 6.0 and above, websites are also compatible with Opera and Mozilla (including Firefox v.2.0 and above), however advanced features may not be supported.
All websites are built for optimal viewing in 800 x 600 resolution.
- 2.10 Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): WebRemixers will carry out basic SEO for websites created. It is likely that WebRemixers can improve a website's search engine rankings if this has not been specifically addressed for a minimum of six (6) months. Contact us for a review.
- 2.11 PAYMENT:
(i) Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total invoice for any of the Website Packages (Business, Corporate, Custom, Flash) is required at the time of completion of a signed Order Form before work can commence.
For any and all other work 100% of the total must be paid for at the time of order. (For other work covered see 3.1 Coverage).
(ii) Terms: Payment is currently accepted by cheque or bankers draft in UK Pounds Sterling, unless otherwise agreed. Please make cheques payable to "Webremixers".
Work commences when any cheques banked have cleared.
(iii) BACS: Direct bank payment transfer from your account to ours.
This is quicker, more efficient, and, our preferred method of payment - please ask for our details.
(iv) Final: Payment of any balance will be due within 14 days of final invoice date. Full publication of the Web Pages, at the client's final domain position, will take place only after full payment has been received. Please note that WebRemixers prices do not cover the release of source, png, fla or psd files. The customer must obtain a separate quote for such items.
- 2.12 Copyright: WebRemixers will hold the copyright of all material until all client payments have been made.
NOTE: WebRemixers and/or its subcontractors owns the copyright of any scripts,
applications or software written by Webremixers. Only with permission can these be reproduced or resold.
WebRemixers and/or its subcontractors reserves the copyright rights of all website designs created.
- 2.13Site Maintenance: All Maintenance packages must be paid for in advance for the minimum six (6) Frequency periods. Excluding 1.9 Follow-up Support any and all other site maintenance and updates are outside the responsibility of WebRemixers.
- 2.14Future Site Problems: Unfortunately websites do get hacked and spammed with malicious code and viruses implanted causing problems for website owners. These problems are out of our control and our area of responsibility, except where a Hosting package which includes site backup and restoration has been taken out. WebRemixers recommend properly securing and maintaining your website with regular backups.
- 2.15Disclaimer: WebRemixers makes no warranties of any kind, express or implied, for any and all products and/or services that are supplied. WebRemixers will not be held responsible for any damages resulting from products and/or services it supplies, howsoever caused. The client agrees not to hold WebRemixers responsible for any such loss or damage. Any claim agains WebRemixers shall be limited to the relevant fee(s) paid by the customer.
3. All Other Services - General Terms and Conditions
- 3.1 Coverage: Other Services cover: Domain, Hosting, Graphic Design & Printing; Software Removal / Re-installation; Data Destruction; Computer Security; Office Services. .
- 3.2 Sub-contractors: WebRemixers reserves the right to use the services of sub-contractors, agents and suppliers and any work, content, services and usage is bound by their Terms and Conditions. WebRemixers will not knowingly perform any actions to contravene these and the customer also agrees to be so bound.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.